Monday, July 7, 2008

week 14

This weekend was busy. Friday Joe and I went to Mom and Gary's for dinner and fireworks. Heather, Christine and David, and Dana were there. Joe and I invited Ar and he came as well. It was a fun bunch. Gary bought a value-pack of fireworks for us to play with. Ar brought dry ice and water. The smaller bottles were fine, but the 2 liter bottle set off car alarms when it blew up. That was the end of science for the night.

Saturday Joe and I went over to Stacey's for a bbq and some pool time. I was really tired by the end. I got home and turned on the free audio for the webcast of the quartet finals. They did enough stuff in the beginning that I didn't miss any of the quartets! I layed in bed and listened. I really only liked 2 quartets. OC Times of course because I have friends in that quartet and they have progressively gotten better each year, and Crossroads... a quartet formed of 4 guys with gold medals from different quartets. OC Times won! yeay! :)

Sunday I had planned to go to Mt. Charleston with Bethany but she had back problems and had to cancel. I had already invited Christine, David, and Ar so we all went and hiked the Fletcher Canyon trail. It took forever for me to get up the trail. I had to stop so many times because my heart was beating so fast and I couldn't breathe. I found out from my doctors office that it is because I have more places that blood needs to go so my heart is already working harder than normal and therefore I am not getting enough oxygen everywhere for that kind of exercise. Going down the trail and on flat surfaces was no problem at all. I feel very out of shape.

No comments: