Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Getting caught up

On June 4th we had our first ultrasound. I will post the pictures here later when I have time. It was neat. We heard the heartbeat and everything. The doctor gave us the pictures on a CD and told us to bring it in next time we do an ultrasound and she will add the pictures onto the disk. Very cool.
Last week (week 10) Joe and I had our first doctors appointment. The doctor took a ton of blood from me and two vials from Joe (he doesn't know his blood type and I am O neg). I called in sick for the rest of the day since my appointment took so long. Joe ended up getting stabbed 3 more times to keep all his immunizations current. Medical people and needles... bleh.
I have a REALLY strong sense of smell. Going in and out of my office is the worst part of my day. I gag at least 3-4 times each way. Thankfully I haven't thrown up yet. That would be horrible and probably terrifying to passer bys. Today was really bad at first because I started gagging as soon as I left my apartment. I sat in my car for a few minutes and tried to calm down. I have tried walking in with a mask, sniffing a tea bag, essetial oils, etc. I seem to do alright one day and then the next day the same smells just kill me. Today was the first day I was able to make it from my car to my office. I brought peach juice with me and held a sip in my mouth while walking. I swirled it around and concentrated on that smell instead of what my nose might be smelling. I noticed the other day that I did better when I was drinking my water on the way out to my car so juice is my new tactic. Hopefully it will work tonight and still work tomorrow. I need to buy more juice because that was my last one.
Well, I am tired, sick of working, and have homework to do for my summer class. At least So You Think You Can Dance is on tonight. Wahoo!

No comments: